I will be glad when this month is over! I am just as surprised as you are to even write those words. One of my strongest qualities is my optimism but, it has just been a crazy, stressful month.
Earlier this month, I witnessed a horrible wreck, in which one of the people died. I was driving with Tina in Kevin's new car. Traffic slowed and an 18 wheeler (cab only) behind us slammed on the brakes, fish-tailed, went left of center and hit someone head on. Words can't even express how I bad I feel. I just keep questioning the whole incident over and over. Could I have done something? If he hit us, would we have been okay? Could we have avoided the whole thing?
My grandpa Vrlich is dying. I was in Chicago this weekend to visit and figure everything out with my mom's side of the family. This is uncharted territory for all of us and we spent the majority of the weekend meeting with hospice, home health nurses and just talking about our feelings. Hospice was both wonderful and scary. Of everyone, my mom is having the hardest time with the decisions. She is his caretaker and does not have the separation that we do. I am glad I have the family I do... to support her and my grandfather now.
While in Chicago, I received a phone call from my aunt on my dads side of the family and my grandma Brueland is also in hospice care. They have decided to remove the feeding tube and stop all aggressive treatment. She has been suffering from Alzheimer's just like my other grandmother and her body is just shutting down.
I just can't believe this is all happening at the same time. So many people are shocked when I tell them that 3 of my grandparents are still alive. I am so blessed and lucky to have my grandparents in my life. To be a little selfish...I am very saddened that Katie will never know her great grandfather and his love of the Chicago White Sox, church, playing the slots, and family or her great grandmother who loved the beach, playing canasta, a good cocktail, and her family.
I know this is not at all like most of my blogs...please just bear with me through all this.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment