My grandfather was a pilot and flew the P-51 mustang. The name of his plane is the Grim Reaper. A few years ago, Sal Rubino, bought my grandfathers plane and his son Sal Jr. races it in air shows. Sal lives south of San Jose and threw a party for my grandfather.
My dad, who also flew, was in the OV-10. Ironically, the CA Forest Service now uses those planes so we got to see one of his old planes too!
Here are the pics.
...Let me just add that it was an honor to meet all the men who served with my grandfather. To see the planes and hear the stories is something I will never forget! I can't wait till next year.

Grandpa's plane

12 1/2 kills


Sal Jr., Grandpa, and Sal
...Let me just add that it was an honor to meet all the men who served with my grandfather. To see the planes and hear the stories is something I will never forget! I can't wait till next year.

Grandpa's plane

12 1/2 kills


Sal Jr., Grandpa, and Sal
Heroes






No comments:
Post a Comment